Pages


Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Importance of Stuff

So lately I've realized something amazing that God's been doing in my life.

I'm the kind of person who easily gets hooked on things, like T.V. shows, video games, and books. I've always easily become 'obsessed' with these things and they'll take up all my time. I'd always talk about them, look up everything I could, and basically immerse myself in them completely. I believed that I'd never get tired of immersing myself in these things. But lately I've found myself gravitating away from them. I don't care as much about all the latest information on them. I still like and even enjoy watching the shows I love and playing the games I've always enjoyed but they are no longer important to me.

Its amazing how God changes you without you ever realizing it. I didn't even notice the change in my behavior because I was devoting so much of my time to God. I've been thinking about Him more often, reading my bible, and doing things that are for Him instead of distracting myself with things of the world. If I have time after getting these things done I may pick up a ps2 controller and play some Kingdom Hearts but that's only if I have time. I think it is so awesome that I didn't even have to ask God to do this, he just did it! It just reconfirms the fact that the more we love and immerse ourselves in God the more like Him He makes us. 2 Corinthians 3:18 tells us (and I'm using the amplified version) that, "And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the word of God] as a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit." Basically its telling us that after we've after we've accepted God's love and forgiveness and started living for Him God begins to make us more like Him! And in doing so we loose the things of this world.

Have you been letting God make you more like him? Have you found bad habits falling away or are you continuing on with them? Do you use curse words or take the Lord's name in vain? Even if you only 'use them when your mad' that's still wrong, so let God take that away from you. Immerse yourself in Him and He will take all things out of your life that are not of Him. He will take away addictions, distractions, bad habits, and anything else that He needs to clean out of your life. But remember He can only do it if you let Him. If you still hold on to these things and not to God you won't loose them, but if you reach out for God and  hold on to him with all of your might then all these other things will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment